Me and my husband are huge fans of pork and I`m constantly looking for new ways and ideas to make pork. So when I saw this mouthwatering recipe for bacon wrapped stuffed onion bombs, I knew it would be a hit with our friends at the next gathering.
I found this amazingly-looking recipe online and decided to try it as soon as possible. It is extremely simple and easy, and ready in no time. I especially liked the chili flavor since I cannot imagine pork without something chili. Those who are not a fan of chili can replace it with tomato sauce or ketchup. Also, you can add some black pepper or another spice of your choice. Enjoy!
Prep time: 50 min; Servings: 4
- 7 oz ground meat
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 large onion
- 2 oz cheese
- 8 bacon strips
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 356° F/ 180°
- In a bowl, combine ground pork, salt, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce, bread crumbs and parsley. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Separate the onion into layers and use the larger outside layers.
- Stuff two onion layers with the meat mixture. Place 1/2 oz cheese cube in one stuffed layer and seal with the other stuffed layer. Wrap each bomb with 2 bacon strips.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Top with chili sauce and serve.
Please subscribe to our mailing list, using the form bellow