One of my favorite things to do when cooking is to combine different tastes in one dish. Sometimes, my cooking experiment ends up in the trash, while some of these recipes become my favorite meal after the first bite. Cheesy bananas with bacon turned out to be an all-star recipe which can be served as the perfect appetizer for your next cookout or friends gathering.
Prep time: 45 min; Servings: 2
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- 2 bananas
- Melted butter
- 3 oz bacon, chopped
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese
Method of preparation:
- Peel the bananas and place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the melted butter and place them in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the bananas from the oven and cut them in the middle, without going all the way through the bottom.
- Add one layer of cheese, then the fried bacon and again top with cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This is definitely my recipe of the year! What do you think? Did you like the combination of contrasting flavors? Why don`t you join NutriRecipes.com and share your culinary experiments!