These chocolate turnovers are heavenly tasty and make a perfect breakfast or a dessert. They are made with puff pastry, chocolate and cream cheese and we know that cream cheese makes everything taste million times better. Plus, you can prepare them in no time.
Prep time: 55 min; Servings: 9
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup chocolate cream
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Combine the cream cheese and chocolate cream in a bowl. Stir well until evenly smooth.
- Cut the puff pastry into 9 equal squares.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture in the center of each square. Fold in half diagonally and seal the edges using a fork.
- Place the turnovers onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush the top of the turnovers with egg yolk and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let them cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Optionally, you can top with chocolate syrup.
- Serve warm.
It is the perfect breakfast served with milk, coffee or tea. You can top with chocolate syrup.
How do you make your turnovers? Join us now and share your experience!