When I first heard about the lava cake dessert I thought it will painstakingly hard to make, but once I tried it out I couldn’t believe they’re so easy. You just need to watch your timing because they can turn from lava cakes to muffins in a matter of minutes and you’ll lose the molten fudge center. The best way to serve it is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – the hot chocolate center in combination with the cold vanilla ice cream makes for a dessert straight out of heaven.
Prep time: 25 min ; Servings: 6
- 3 oz margarine
- 3 oz chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- 2 oz wheat flour
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 220°
- Combine margarine and chocolate in a steel mixing bowl and melt over low heat.
- Stir well until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla extract and the chocolate mixture and whisk.
- Gradually add flour while whisking constantly.
- Fill silicone muffin tin with the mixture and bake for 6 minutes.
- Serve with an ice cream ball.
What kind of ice-cream would you put in this combination? Maybe you have a recipe for a homemade one you’ve been keeping a secret? Join us now and share your most popular recipes with our entire community!