Easy red velvet recipe made with a sponge cake, creamy Hopla filling and cherry jam that is an elegant, delicious twist on an amazing holiday classic. The red and white colors make it the perfect Christmas treat everyone will fall for!
Prep time: 40 min; Servings: 4
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. red food coloring
- Hot water
- 5 oz chocolate
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsps. cherry jam
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs and 2 tbsps. of sugar. Then add 2 tbsps. of flour and red food coloring, beating constantly.
- Place the batter in a baking pan previously lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Break chocolate and place in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil.
- Sit over a pan of simmering water and let the chocolate melt, stirring constantly.
- Fill spoon silicone candy molds with the melted chocolate. Set aside to cool.
- In a measuring cup, beat 2 eggs and 2 tbsps. of sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk the whipping cream and mix in the egg and sugar mixture. Whisk again.
- Break the cake into small pieces.
- Choose your favorite dessert glass.
- Add one layer of cream, then one layer of cake pieces. Next, add a layer of cherry jam. Continue with a layer of cream and then of cake. Finish with a layer of cream and decorate as you wish.
- Place the chocolate spoon in your creamy dessert.
What do you think of our elegant dessert in a cup? Is there anything you would add or leave out?