This is a beautiful way to impress your friends and family with this rose-shaped delicious dessert. Made with soft and creamy cherries and delightful and crispy filo pastry, it is quick and easy to prepare and it will become one of your favorite desserts.
- 1/3 lb cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup seedless fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 filo pastry sheet
- Vegetable oil
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and stir all well until smooth.
- Add the cherries and stir again.
- Cut the pastry into triangle shape and start forming a rose-like shape using your hands.
- Lightly brush the middle of the rose with vegetable oil and add a tablespoon of the cherry filling.
- Fold the pastry to close up the rose.
- Place the roses in a greased muffin tin and brush them with vegetable oil before baking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.