This spinach casserole is the perfect choice for healthy family lunch or dinner. It has rich and delicious vegetable taste that will make you ask for more. Plus, it is low in calories and full of proteins and nutrients. You can prepare it in less than an hour and it will definitely be your favorite light dinner or lunch! Serve with sour cream. Also, you can prepare it with some meat, but in this case you should leave out the eggs.
Prep time: 60 min; Servings: 4
- 2 cups of spinach
- ½ cup of onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ cup of rice
- ½ tbsp. of pepper
- ½ tbsp. of salt
- 1 tbsp. of paprika powder
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Chop the spinach and place it in a bowl.
- Fill the bowl with water.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion and carrot until tender.
- Add the spinach and rice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add pepper, salt and paprika powder.
- Stir and fry for 1 minute more.
- Transfer the spinach mixture in a baking dish and fill with water.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the dish out from the oven and top with two eggs.
- Return it to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Did you like the recipe? Do you make it with eggs or meat? Share your recipes with the world and join us now!