Juicy cinnamon apples and flaky puff pastry crust packed in a soft, delightful golden brown strudel, is the perfect winter dessert for your Christmas table. This recipe is fast and super easy, great for busy times and for those who need sweet delicious dessert. The ingredients are simple, you will only need store-bought puff pastry and a few easily available ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen.
Prep time: 50 min; Servings: 6
- 1 oz butter
- 2 chopped apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps. cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg yolk
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/ 200°
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped apples, brown sugar, 1 tbsp. cinnamon, and 1 cup water. Stir and cook until browned and tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Place apples on one side of the pastry.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with an egg yolk.
- Fold the top flap of pastry over the filling.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Place apple strudel on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.