This recipe is perfect for when you have plenty of leftovers in your fridge and you don’t know what to do with them. I added bacon, cheese, some banana peppers, a cherry tomato and an egg and it turned out perfectly. However, you can add whatever you have in the fridge. You can even make it more interesting and let your kids choose the ingredients and stack them in themselves. Why not make breakfast a fun activity everyone can enjoy!
Prep time: 25 min; Servings 2
- Half bread
- 2 oz. bacon (fried)
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. sweet banana peppers
- 1 cherry tomato
- 2 oz. gouda cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 oz. grated gouda cheese
- A pinch of oregano
Method of preparation:
- Cut a loaf of bread in half and scoop out the soft bread inside, leaving the sides intact.
- Start arranging the ingredients inside, topping it off with one egg and some grated cheese. Sprinkle a pinch of oregano.
- Lightly grease a baking dish and place the bread.
- Preheat the oven to 1800 Celsius and bake for 20 minutes, or until you see the egg is done.
For more interesting and delicious ideas, join us now and submit your recipe!