These cheesy eggplant sandwiches are prepared with slices of eggplant filled with creamy cheesy mixture. They are the perfect appetizer for the next bring-a-plate. You can easily get used to this taste!
Prep time 35 min ; Servings: 4
- 1 eggplant
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 oz parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup basil
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs
Method of preparation:
- Slice the eggplant and place the slices on a paper towel to drain the excess water.
- Salt the eggplant on both sides and let it stay for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, basil, and 1 egg and stir all well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on an eggplant slice and top sandwich style with another eggplant slice.
- Coat the sandwich in flour, dip in the other beaten egg and then coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high skillet and fry on each side until golden-brown.
- Serve with ketchup or some chili sauce.
Join us now and share your ideas with the world!