Well, are you ready for the spookiest day of the year? Right, Halloween is knocking at our door and we must prepare a warm welcome. Now is the time that we show our pumpkin cutting skills. Those pumpkins are just waiting for us.
Prep time: 40 min; Servings: 4
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 green hot pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
Method of preparation:
- First, we carve the pumpkin. Mark the place you want to carve and then cut using a large knife or a pumpkin carving kit.
- Remove the pumpkin lid. Then, remove the seeds and insides of the pumpkin.
- Cut out the marked areas carefully with straight cuts.
- Your pumpkin is ready.
- Next, mash the avocado in a bowl and add tomato, onion, hot green pepper, parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pumpkin in the plate. Put a small candle in the pumpkin and carefully light.
- Arrange the “puke” along the plate, starting from the pumpkin`s mouth.
It`s a fun for the kids, but I must admit I enjoy these playful decorations as well. This spicy pumpkin puke has that delightful mix of flavors that really makes the perfect appetizer for any meal. As I have mentioned in my previous posts, I`m a huge fan of salads and everything veggie. A lunch or dinner without a salad is totally unimaginable to me. So, apart from a unique and festive recipe, this “spookamole” is an excellent and healthy side for your Halloween party or get-together.