It`s Halloween and all the preparations for the day got you so busy that you cannot even think about breakfast? Don`t panic! We offer you a quick and tasty recipe that you can make in no time. These pumpkin muffins are an easy and simple breakfast option full of delicious autumn flavors. The pumpkin gives them warm and rich fall taste that will delight the whole family. Their moist and tender texture combines perfectly with yogurt, dried fruits and seeds.
Prep time: 50 min; Servings: 6
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ lb mashed pumpkin
- 5 tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ lb flour
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. dry crushed rosemary
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Boil the pumpkin (previously peeled) for 20 minutes.
- Let it cool and mash.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, sugar, salt and milk. Whisk.
- Add the pumpkin puree and whisk again.
- Then, add oil, baking powder and flour, constantly whisking.
- Stir all well until homogenous.
- Fill ¾ of the muffin cups with the mixture.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and dry rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
They look fantastic on a Halloween party table and the kids will love it!
Do you have other easy Halloween breakfast ideas? Why don`t you join our nutri-community now and share your culinary expertise!