I got this recipe from my mother and they’ve become a trademark in my kitchen. The kids love it, I love it, my friends love it and they’re pretty easy to make. The secret’s in the orange zest, it gives them the perfect citrusy flavor that makes everyone drooling for more. This can be your favorite Sunday breakfast, served with milk, coffee or tea. You can top with jam or nutella.
Prep time: 1h and 30 minutes (rising time included); Servings: 26
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp. of dried yeast
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of orange zest
- 2 cups of wheat flour
Method of preparation:
- In a bowl, combine milk, sunflower oil, yeast, sugar, eggs and orange zest. Whisk and add the flour, whisking constantly.
- Knead on previously floured surface until smooth. Put it in a bowl and let it stay for 1 hour. Cover.
- Punch down the dough and knead on floured surface for 2 minutes. Add flour if necessary.
- Roll out the dough until 1 cm thick.
- Use round cutter to cut out the discs and one smaller round cutter to cut out the centers.
- Heat oil and deep fry the doughnuts until puffed and golden.
- Coat with powdered sugar and top with chocolate topping.
Enjoy your delicious breakfast and have a nice day! If you have other ideas join us now!