If you’re running out of ideas for quick, substantial breakfast, these okra bacon-filled muffins may be just what you need before a hectic day ahead. They are one of my favorite breakfast choices because they’re ready to eat in less than half an hour. Plus, the okra muffins are an ample source of calories, which means they can keep you full until lunchtime. And, that’s not all. These muffins make a perfect appetizer when you have people over. Serve them with beer and enjoy the evening with your friends!
Prep time: 25 min; Servings: 6
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup okra
- 3 oz. bacon, chopped
- 3 oz. parmesan cheese, cut into pieces
- 3 oz. sausage, cut into pieces
- 1 pepper, cut into pieces
- 3 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- tomato sauce (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180o C.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and okra then mix again.
- Grease the muffin tray.
- Fill each cup with 1 scoop of the mixture.
- Add one piece of bacon, parmesan, sausage and pepper in each cup.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with tomato sauce or condiment of your choice.
This is perfect recipe to escape the everyday routine of egg and bacon breakfast! Do you have a better idea? Join us now and submit your recipe!