Who says eggplants are only popular in summer? This vegetable is incredibly versatile, with a unique texture and flavor. Eggplants taste great when baked with butter and garlic, having that rich and creamy flavor, while when fried in bacon fat they taste like pork. Also, they can be stuffed or boiled, still tasting amazingly delicious.
One of the reasons why I am a lucky mother is that my kids love vegetables, especially eggplant, whether boiled, baked, roasted, grilled, fried, or stuffed. So, I cook eggplant in 1000 different ways.
If you are looking for an easy-to-make, delicious and healthy salad recipe, this one totally hits the mark. It is a delightful combination of roasted eggplant, lemon, basil and feta cheese. It looks great and tastes even better.
Prep time:30 min; Servings:4
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 oz feta cheese
- Basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
Method of preparation:
- Cut eggplant into rounds.
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Drizzle olive oil over eggplant slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsps. olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper and garlic.
- Remove eggplant from oven and place in serving dish and top with chopped basil and feta cheese.
- Pour dressing over eggplant slices.
Do you like eggplants? What is your favorite eggplant recipe? Join us now and submit your recipes and ideas!
Please subscribe to our mailing list, using the form bellow