When I first saw this recipe, it reminded me of Bones instantly. Being one of my favorite TV series, I was inspired to try making a creepy zombie for Halloween dinner. This zombie meatloaf greatly resembles the creepy corpses that Booth and Bones investigate.
Since everyone in the house is in the Halloween mood, this is more than an exquisite idea to freak them out- in a positive way, of course. So, get ready for a ghoulish and funny game that will spook up your home. The recipe is simple and easy, perfect for Halloween get-together.
Prep time: 90 min; Servings: 6
- 5 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps. Himalayan salt
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps. barbeque sauce
For the Decoration:
- 1 egg, hard boiled ( for the eyes)
- 5 garlic cloves (for the teeth)
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Stir all well.
- Place the meat in a baking tray lined with aluminum foil and lightly greased with oil.
- Form a skull-like shape and leave holes for the eyes and mouth.
- Put the eggs in the eye holes.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and barbeque sauce in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the entire “scull”.
- Bake for 60 min.
- Make some forms of teeth from the garlic cloves.
- Remove from the oven and add the “teeth”.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.