Have you ever tried the marrying flavors of sweet chocolate and tangy orange? This recipe combines the taste of light and moist chocolate cake and sweet-sour citric taste of orange. It is an ultimate pairing in a single cupcake.
These cupcakes are super easy to prepare and make a wonderful decoration for your Thanksgiving table. Plus, your kids will love the colorful pumpkins and flowers. One of the main reasons why we (me and my family) like winter is because of the abundance of citrus fruits, particularly orange and tangerine. Just imagine implementing the wintery orange flavor in a fluffy and warm chocolate cupcake, can it get any better?
Prep time: 45 min (with decoration); Servings: 12
- 7 oz chocolate
- 5 oz butter
- 1 tbsp. orange peel, grated
- 3 tbsps. orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 5 oz whipping cream powder
- 4 oz milk
- Yellow fondant
- Orange fondant
- Red fondant
- Brown fondant
- Green fondant
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 390° F/ 200°
- Break chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bottom doesn`t touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add butter and stir occasionally until completely melted.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and powdered sugar.
- Add melted chocolate and butter in egg mixture.
- Then, add orange peel and orange juice.
- Beat and add flour.
- Fill muffin cups with the mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream powder and milk until stiff.
- Roll out fondant to create the desired shapes and decorations.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and top with whipped cream.
- Decorate with fondant figures.
Please subscribe to our mailing list, using the form bellow