How about a new fun twist on the classic traditional doughnuts? Amazingly crispy and delicious, these colorful treats are the most indulgent looking and rich dessert that my kids absolutely adore. I am a huge fan as well because they are super easy to make and taste delicious.
Prep time: 30 min; Servings:6
1 oz. butter (and a bit more for greasing)
2 cups of marshmallows
1 lb. puffed rice
Milk, dark, and white chocolate
Pink food colouring
A couple of tablespoons of cooking oil (to thin out the chocolate)
Method of preparation:
- Melt the butter over a low heat. Add the marshmallows and cook until they are completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, pour this mixture over the puffed rice and stir until combined.
- Let it cool, then butter your hands. Take a handful of the mixture, shape it into a ball and then make a hole through the center using your thumbs. Make a ring-like doughnut.
- Melt the chocolate and add the food coloring (if using). If the chocolate thickens, add one tablespoon of oil and stir to make it thin again. Soak the doughnut in the chocolate and cover with sprinkles. Also, you can drizzle some chocolate over the top.
- Keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
The colorful marshmallows combined with chocolate and sprinkles really hit the spot! So, why don`t you surprise your kids with cheerful crispy doughnuts? Joins us now and share your experience.
[youtube id=” st-xwj6YGD4 ” align=”center” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no” maxwidth=”715″ grow=”yes”]