I`m certainly a big fan of coconut and these surimi shrimps got me obsessed. I tried them once in a restaurant and thought I must make this at home. Guess what? The homemade version turned out way better than the one I had in the restaurant. It won`t take you more than 20 minutes, I promise! You can serve with a scoop of rice. If you are not a fan of coconut, you can replace it with sesame or leave it out all together.
Prep time: 20 min; Servings: 3 people
- Surimi shrimps
- White flour
- Bread crumbs and shredded coconut mixture
- 1/3 cup of orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
For the sauce:
- Combine the marmalade, ketchup, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir well.
Method of preparation:
- Coat the shrimps in white flour, dip in eggs, then coat in bread crumb-coconut mixture.
- Put some oil in a skillet and fry until golden-brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with the ketchup sauce.