If your kids are not a fan of veggies, this is the perfect way to get them to eat greens and enjoy every bite. Kids love pancakes, but to be honest, we adults love them as well!
Prep time: 30 min; Servings: 6
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsps. of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- 3 oz. canned corn
- A piece of green onion, chopped
- A piece of green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of parsley
- ¼ cup of mint
- 1 tbsp. of pepper
For the Dip
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp. of salt
- ½ tbsp. of pepper
- ¼ cup of parsley
Method of preparation:
- In a mixing bowl, combine and stir egg, milk, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Then, add the canned corn, onion, pepper, parsley, mint, and pepper. Stir well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Pour the batter by tablespoons into the pan, making a few pancakes at a time. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir well.
- Serve the vegetable pancakes with the dipping sauce.
These crispy bites are delicious as a side dish, as an appetizer, or served on a bed of greens as lunch. You can serve with fish or chicken as a replacement for potatoes, or if you go for a veggie meal, you can serve them with a salad of your choice. I usually make them when want to have a no-meat lunch with the most delicious mayonnaise sauce. My kids simply adore these savory pancakes pan-fried to golden perfection.
So why don’t you give it a try and share your experience with us? Join us now.