It’s no secret I am a fan of chocolate, so every time I read chocolate in the title I’m intrigued. For this recipe, I used a brand new loaf of bread, but you can use any leftover you have, it will get softened from the milk mixture. It’s rich, comforting and deliciously decadent – every chocolate lover’s delight. Serve it warm with a scoop of melon ice cream, or chilled with some sprinkled powdered sugar on top. It’s delicious either way!
Prep time: 40 min; Servings: 4
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips (crushed chocolate)
- 1 oz. butter
- melon ice cream
Method of preparation:
- Slice the bread into small cubes.
- In a bowl whisk the egg and brown sugar, then add the almond milk, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, cocoa and chocolate chips. Whisk all the ingredients until they’re combined.
- Pour the mixture over the bread cubes, stirring until the bread is fully soaked in the mixture.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with butter and pour the mixture in.
- Bake at 2500 Celsius for 30-35 minutes
- Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Have you ever made this kind of pudding? Do you think it`s better than the classic recipe? If you have other idea join our nutri-community now and share your culinary expertise!