A healthy new twist on the classic Italian pesto pasta. Broccoli is savory, nutritious and versatile so it adds a healthy boost to this delicious dish. It is the perfect choice for a quick and easy dinner that everyone will love. Both kids and adults will get a hearty helping of broccoli with this amazing recipe.
Prep time: 30 min ; Servings: 2
- 1 cup of basil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of pine nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup of fusilli
- 1 cup of broccoli
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 oz. feta cheese
- 1 tsp. of basil, chopped
Method of preparation:
- Place basil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, pine nuts, kosher salt, and olive oil in a food processor and pulse.
- Cook the fusilli for 6 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the pasta from heat and strain the liquid.
- Transfer into a bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Add 2 tbsps. of the previously prepared basil sauce, feta cheese, and 1 tbsp. of chopped basil.
- Stir well and serve.
I can never say no to pasta, especially when combined with veggies and cheese. The warm, slippery pasta coated with a sauce of spicy garlic and cheese, enhanced with nutri basil and broccoli. Can it get any better?
Do you like my version of the classic Italian dish? Is there anything else you would like to add? Join us now and submit your recipes and ideas!