Christmas is definitely my favorite holiday and Spicy Pork Tenderloin in Wine Sauce and Chocolate describes my perfect lunch. It is the time of the year when the whole family gathers together. We usually work hard and we don`t have much time to spend with our family. Christmas is the perfect time of year to enjoy our free time with our dearest. I love celebrating Christmas Eve with loved ones, playing and laughing, trying out all the delicacies I have previously prepared. Of course, not to forget the red wine which is something I enjoy during winter time.
The reason why I chose this recipe as the main for Christmas Eve is because it combines so unique, elegant, special, and delectable flavors that perfectly complements the entire Christmas atmosphere.
Pork marries perfectly with sweet and tangy flavors which is why I went for chili, chocolate, and wine. This is the most succulent and most flavorful cut of pork I`ve ever made. Chocolate provides sweetness, while red wine provides acidity, adding richness and delicious uniqueness to the pork. The texture of the pork is so perfectly smooth and when combined with chocolate-wine sauce, it totally hits the spot.
Prep time: 30 min; Servings: 4
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 lb red wine
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- A pinch of chili powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 3 oz chocolate
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
Spicy Pork Tenderloin in Wine Sauce and Chocolate – method of preparation:
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsps. of oil over medium heat and sear until browned on both sides.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine wine, lemon zest, chili powder, and cinnamon. Heat over high heat to boiling. Stir.
- Strain the mixture as soon as it starts boiling.
- Return the strained wine mixture in the heatproof bowl and place over medium-high heat. Add 3 oz grated chocolate and stir. Then, add 1 tbsp. honey and stir again.
- Cut pork crosswise 0/5- inch-thick slices.
- Pour the sauce over tenderloins.
Please subscribe to our mailing list, using the form bellow