Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, these hearty cookies are packed with dried fruits and nuts, making a beautiful addition to your Holiday baking tray. I used coconut oil instead of butter which gives a delightful flavor. This is an ultimate indulgent healthy recipe combining heart-friendly ingredients that can be the perfect replacement for breakfast or your favorite snack.
Prep time: 40 min; Servings: 12
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 1 oz. coconut flour
- 1,5 oz. buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp. flaxseed
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 2 oz. chopped cranberries
- 2 oz. chopped dried apricots
- 2 oz. chopped dry plums
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 3 oz. coconut oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsps. honey
Method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Combine the oat flakes, coconut flour, buckwheat flour, flaxseed, salt, chopped almonds, cranberries, apricots, plums, cinnamon, and baking powder in a medium bowl and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
- In another bowl, put the coconut oil, water, and honey. Mix well.
- Combine the coconut oil mixture with the whipped egg whites and stir well.
- Then, add the oat mixture and mix all well.
- Make small bowls out of the mixture and put them on a cookie sheet.
- Flatten the cookies with your hands and bake for 20-25 minutes.
This is one of the most fabulous and healthy desserts to make and bake. Super nutri, crispy, nutty and hearty cookies, packed with dried fruits, seeds and nuts.
Do you have other ideas for healthy snacks and desserts? Join our nutri-community now and become a part of our nutri-family!